PolyPeptide Laboratories Group - One of the world’s largest companies that specializes in the manufacturing of peptide and related compounds for research and pharmaceutical applications. More information is available at our website, www.polypeptide.com
Job Title: Development Scientist
Job Overview: The Scientist is responsible for completing tasks and assignments in accordance with established processes and methodologies, synthesize peptide intermediate and perform processing from initial stage through purification and lyophilization to obtain the final product. He needs to provide updates to Customer and to his Superiors in timely manner, while the project is on-going. He is also responsible for writing the development reports in the end of the project.
- Plans and coordinates Tech. Transfer from Development to Production on-site and across-sites
- Using established procedures (safety and process) and under minimal supervision, performs intermediate chemical processing steps.
- Checks reactor system for proper operation in accordance with SOP and/or operation manual.
- During processing, monitors chemical reactions (color and completeness of chemical reactions) and under minimal direction of supervision responds with appropriate actions to ensure proper processing.
- Performs in-process checking of crude product by using Analytical HPLC and LC-MS.
- Prepares solutions for purification.
- Interprets test results and takes appropriate action when required to ensure proper and acceptable processing.
- Under minimal supervision, purifies crude peptide by using HPLC’s.
- Conducts lyophilization process according to established guidelines.
- Performs drying processes in accordance with established processes and procedures.
- Performs in-process checking of the fractions by using analytical HPLC and reports results to supervisor.
- Reports any significant and unresolvable problems or issues regarding equipment used in processing to supervision. May perform general machine/equipment troubleshooting.
- Is responsible for maintaining high safety, housekeeping and cleanliness standards.
- Conducts and observes daily development activity and reports any deviations to supervision.
- Performs any additional duties as required for this position.
- M.S. in Chemistry. Must have 3 years of industry experience in Peptide Chemistry or
- Ph.D. in Chemistry 1 year of industry experience in peptide chemistry
- General to in-depth knowledge of chemistry and chemical reactions
- Safe handling of caustic and/or toxic chemicals
- The proper operation of applicable machinery and equipment (may perform basic or general troubleshooting)
- Good knowledge of peptide synthesis, purification and isolation
Salary - DOE
PolyPeptide Laboratories, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We offer excellent benefits including comprehensive Medical/Dental/Vision coverage, Employee Assistance Program, Life and Long-term Disability Insurance, Generous 401(k) Match, Profit Sharing, Paid Holidays, Vacation, Sick Days, FSA Account Programs, Student Loan Reduction Program, Tuition Reimbursement Program, Birthday-off & Birthday Cash.
Job Type: Full-time
To keep our employees as safe as possible, we offer hand sanitizer, gloves, masks and follow all required CDC Guidelines.